Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snow Snow Go Away

I am so over winter.

Over it.

Everything is frozen. The only place to ride is in the indoor. I am tired of riding in circles, the horses are tired of trotting in circles. I want to trail ride!!

Today was the first time I've been able to get Amber and Rayna up to the barn in like 3 weeks because of the snow! I let them run around in the indoor and get some energy out since it's too snowy and icy out in the field to run around!












I also got brave and decided to jump on Amber bareback, even though she hasn't been ridden in about a month. I'm working really hard on learning to trust her. I love that horse and I want us to be able to trust eachother. 




I'm planning on hopefully riding both of them for real on Friday and over the weekend. They haven't gotten real workouts in awhile, I really need to start getting them back into shape if I'm going to show them this spring/summer. I really want the snow to melt so I can start working them out in the fields up and down hills, it would be great for them. Gus too! 

Speaking of Gus. I swear he knows what my car sounds like, because without fail, when I get to the barn, he is up at the gate somewhere waiting for me to say hi! I brought him in today for a bit, and gave him some love but didn't really do anything with him. 




And just a couple pictures of the girls out in their field. 










1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all the pictures. I'm still in love with Amber. Always will be!

    ReplyDelete