Saturday, January 17, 2015

One More Time

I'm going to give this blogging thing one more shot. I would really like to chronicle the work I do with the 3 wonderful equines in my life! Right now I'm just going to highlight the goals I have for all 3 of them for the year. Then I will begin tracking their progress starting tomorrow.

I'm sure everyone could figure out why the title of my blog is Of Mares and Mules. I have 2 beautiful mares and 1 mule (who technically isn't mine, but might as well me). Amber (Percheron/thoroughbred cross), Rayna (Clydesdale) and Gus (MULE!!).

2015 Goals for Amber:
- Begin Schooling 2'6
- Begin jumping full 2'3 courses
- Show Adult Equitation at the Dutchess County Fair
- Trail ride, lots and lots of trail riding until she learns to be comfortable doing it
- Show training level dressage



2015 Goals for Rayna:
- Work on steering and impulsion
- Start cantering under saddle
- Begin schooling Intro level dressage
- Show in Ride a Draft at the Dutchess County Fair



2015 Goals for Gus:
- Work on Left Lead
- Start schooling full 2' and 2'3 courses
- Begin schooling and possibly show Intro level dressage
- Show open 2'3 Hunters at Dutchess Country Fair
- Cross country jumping (Maybe eventing?)



No comments:

Post a Comment