Friday, April 10, 2015

Keep Moving Forward...

Raynas legs are doing wonderfully. If I didn't mention it before, she has mites on her hind legs, they were covered in sores from her biting at them, but now after beginning to treat with ivermectin and a sulfur/lime dip they look worlds better. She has to be in until all of the sores and scabs on her legs have healed and she's stocking up a bit so I need to go up there every day and ride her around to keep her legs down. I had a very lovely ride on her today, we just walked around the farm for about 25 minutes and explored. It was misting out but bearable and she was a saint. Of course as soon as I got off of her it started downpouring! Guess I have good timing!

Once her legs are 100% we're going to start low level dressage training, and start doing a lot of work out in the fields up and down the hills to start building up her top line. Things at the barn are better, I'm still sad about how everything went down with Gus, but after thinking long and hard about it, maybe it is all for the best. It will give me the opportunity to concentrate 100% on Rayna, and she needs the work and she needs my attention. Hopefully when I work the trails for Alana this summer I will be able to work right off of Rayna, I just don't want to get attached to anymore of her horses since I'm leaving in just 5 short months.

Some photos from our ride today!





1 comment:

  1. She's gorgeous. Her legs don't really look that bad and the feathering WILL regrow. Soon, very soon you will be out on those trails and you'll be really enjoying yourself! Then get down here and we'll have huge indoor to work in and maybe we can get her working good in the indoor! Ring & Trail pony! An all around awesome Clyde!

    ReplyDelete