Friday, April 3, 2015

HeartBroken... Changing the WHOLE blog

I have had the worst couple of days... Ever. First of all I am not taking Gus to Kentucky with me, I no longer have the option of keeping him and it's absolutely breaking my heart. I'm not going to go into details about what happened... but I'm heartbroken, completely and totally heartbroken. So he will no longer be a part of this blog... From now on it will focus mostly on my Clydesdale, Rayna, and my journey with her. 

She's in right now, she had sores on her back legs and after consulting the vet twice and having her take scrapings of Raynas legs we discovered that she has mites. The vet shaved her hind legs to take the scrapings so we need to wait until all open sores are healed before she can go outside in the mud. Once I can take her in the mud I'm going to start getting her back into shape. The plan is long walks (like 45 min to an hour) under saddle over the fields and hills for like a month before we even start trot work. I ordered her a new custom dressage pad which will look so awesome on her. And I will eventually start her dressage training, hopefully by late summer. Just low level stuff, walk/trot, leg yields, bending, etc. And I'm going to do it all on my own, at least until I move, I'm done relying on the people around here at the barn. They are frustrating me to the EXTREME. I used to love that place but now it's like sometimes I just can't wait to leave! 

I also put Rayna on new grain and new supplements. Shes on Purina Enrich Plus to help put on some weight and muscle. I also put her on SmartCombo which is a supplement that focuses on Skin & Coat, Hooves, Joints and Digestion. I love this horse so much, she's really a wonderful horse. I am beyond tired of the bullshit at the barn and from now on I'm just focusing on my horse and not caring about anything else that goes on there. It's not my concern anymore. In 5 months I will be out of new york, in Kentucky, and starting my new life!!! 


1 comment: