Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lots to Think About

I have not ridden my horse in over a month. I know, I know, not good at all. I'm not really sure what I haven't ridden her. She's been having some issues with mounting, and instead of working with her I've kind of shied away from her, and the longer I stayed off of her the more nervous I became about getting back on her. My friend got on her last week, and Rayna was stellar, she even rode her in spurs for the first time, it made me feel a lot better about getting back on her, which I will be doing on Friday! After watching Margarite ride her, I think my plans of doing dressage with her are still very much possible! She's a super nice mover!! My goal is to show her intro A at the horse park in the spring. I think it's totally doable! I just need to either lose weight or get a new dressage saddle because my ass eats the one I currently have, and that does not look good in the show ring, at all.

On the bright side her feet are looking so much better, her hinds are finally growing in well, just in time to find a new farrier in Kentucky. No more skin issues, no more mite issues, and her issues with being tacked and haltered are now minimal. Considering that I couldn't touch her face when I got her or put anything on her back without her panicking and trembling, I'm happy with her progress.



On another horse topic I have been thinking about buying a second horse so I can start jumping again, and have been told that it would be silly to buy another horse when I still have Amber (who is currently being leased by my best friend) who is perfectly capable of jumping and really doing anything I want her to do. Amber and I have such a mixed history I'm not really sure what I want to do. We feed off of each other and for reasons that I don't even understand 100% we make each other nervous. Once I get down to KY in a couple of weeks I'm going to start riding her again and see how it goes. I guess it can't hurt to give her one more shot! 







1 comment:

  1. Yeah! 17 days! :D Ride Amber like you would be coming up to a new horse to try her out as if you were looking at buying! I still think the two of you can do it!

    ReplyDelete